Recommended to help build USS Portland CA-33 as the ship appeared in 1942 from:
- Matchbox 1/700 scale USS Indianapolis CA-35
- Niko Model 1/700 scale USS Portland CA-33 (1944)
- Revell 1/700 scale USS Indianapolis CA-35
- Tamiya 1/700 scale USS Indianapolis C-35 & Japanese Submarine I-58
- and more!
This Aft Funnel and Upper Anti-aircraft Deck model helps convert your 1/700 USS Indianapolis model kit to one of the US Navy's most decorated warships, USS Portland CA-33, as she appeared during crucial Pacific battles fought during the summer of 1942, Coral Seaand Midway.
USS Indianapolis to USS Portland conversion tutorial, link:
This deck has been designed to be adapted to any 1/700 USS Indianapolis kit. Depending on which plastic kit you own, some modification to this part and/or the kit's parts will be necessary for best fit. Acrylic plastic is very brittle. Care is advised during adjustment.
- 5" ready service lockers with subtle, raised heat radiators
- correct number and style of exterior funnel pipes
- four-uptake funnel (hollow completely through)
- fully planked and properly cambered deck
- unusual chevron rain deflector over a porthole (normally over A/T doors)
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.
Model Monkey USS Portland CA-33 (1942) conversion parts:
- 1/700 USS Portland CA-33 Forward Superstructure, 1942
- 1/700 USS Portland CA-33 Forward Funnel and Aircraft Handling Deck, 1942
- 1/700 USS Portland CA-33 Aft Funnel and Upper Anti-Aircraft Deck, 1942
- 1/700 USS Portland CA-33 Lower Anti-Aircraft Deck, 1942
- 1/700 USS Portland CA-33 Aft Superstructure, 1942
- 1/700 USS Portland CA-33 Aft Gun Tubs, 1942
- 1/700 8"/55 cal. Triple Turrets for USN Heavy Cruisers