Recommended to help build USS Portland CA-33 as the ship appeared in 1942 from:
- Matchbox 1/700 scale USS Indianapolis CA-35
- Niko Model 1/700 scale USS Portland CA-33 (1944)
- Revell 1/700 scale USS Indianapolis CA-35
- Tamiya 1/700 scale USS Indianapolis C-35 & Japanese Submarine I-58
- and more!
This set of four Aft 20mm Oerlkon Gun Tubs (splinter shielding) helps convert your 1/700 scale USS Indianapolis model kit to one of the US Navy's most decorated warships, USS Portland CA-33 as she appeared during crucial Pacific battles fought during the summer of 1942, Coral Sea and Midway.
If you are purchasing the "USS Portland CA-33 Bundled Set", you do not need this model. Tubs are included with the bundled set.
USS Indianapolis to USS Portland conversion tutorial, link:
This part has been designed to be adapted to any 1/700 scale USS Indianapolis kit. Depending on which plastic kit you own, some modification to this part and/or the kit's parts will be necessary for best fit.
- Turret Three 20mm Oerlikon tub designed to conform to the turret's roof
- smaller 20mm Oerlikon tubs compliment the Aft Superstructure (available separately) and straddle it
- large, boxy splinter shield for two 20mm Oerlikons placed on the fantail
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.
Model Monkey USS Portland CA-33 (1942) conversion parts:
- USS Portland CA-33 Forward Superstructure, 1942
- USS Portland CA-33 Forward Funnel and Aircraft Handling Deck, 1942
- USS Portland CA-33 Aft Funnel and Upper Anti-Aircraft Deck, 1942
- USS Portland CA-33 Lower Anti-Aircraft Deck, 1942
- USS Portland CA-33 Aft Superstructure, 1942
- USS Portland CA-33 Aft Gun Tubs, 1942
- 8"/55 cal. Triple Turrets for USN Heavy Cruisers