Recommended to help build USS Portland CA-33 as the ship appeared in 1942 from:
- Matchbox 1/700 scale USS Indianapolis CA-35
- Niko Model 1/700 scale USS Portland CA-33 (1944)
- Revell 1/700 scale USS Indianapolis CA-35
- Tamiya 1/700 scale USS Indianapolis C-35 & Japanese Submarine I-58
- and more!
This Aircraft Handling Deck and Forward Funnel model helps convert your 1/700 USS Indianapolis model kit to one of the US Navy's most decorated warships, USS Portland CA-33 as she appeared during crucial Pacific battles fought during the summer of 1942, Coral Sea and Midway.
USS Indianapolis to USS Portland conversion tutorial, link:
This deck has been designed to be adapted to any 1/700 USS Indianapolis kit. The deck has been intentionally designed slightly wider than scale permitting the modeler to gently trim/sand the deck sides to fit the modeler's plastic kit's hull (not included). Depending on which plastic kit you own, some modification to this part and/or the kit's parts will be necessary for best fit.
- correct funnel and steam pipes for USS Portland
- planked deck of the proper length, camber (arch) and shear (slope)
- two aircraft catapult pedestal towers, correct for USS Portland
- vent openings designed open, ready for PE or mesh screen inserted from inside
- double deck hatch with scuttles, hinges and dogs details
- lower tripod legs designed to meet and match the forward superstructure (available separately)
- correct style, four-panel A/T doors in the closed position with chevron-shaped rain deflectors above
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.
Model Monkey USS Portland CA-33 (1942) conversion parts:
- 1/700 USS Portland CA-33 Forward Superstructure, 1942
- 1/700 USS Portland CA-33 Forward Funnel and Aircraft Handling Deck, 1942
- 1/700 USS Portland CA-33 Aft Funnel and Upper Anti-Aircraft Deck, 1942
- 1/700 USS Portland CA-33 Lower Anti-Aircraft Deck, 1942
- 1/700 USS Portland CA-33 Aft Superstructure, 1942
- 1/700 USS Portland CA-33 Aft Gun Tubs, 1942
- 1/700 8"/55 cal. Triple Turrets for USN Heavy Cruisers