Includes 4 turrets with trunnions (no barrels).
- Blue Ridge Models 1/700 scale USS Tennessee BB-43 (1944-1945)
- Blue Ridge models 1/700 scale USS California BB-44 (1941)
- Hi-Mold 1/700 scale USS California BB-44 (1941)
- Trumpeter 1/700 scale USS Tennessee BB-43 (1941)
- Trumpeter 1/700 scale USS Tennessee BB-43 (1944)
- Trumpeter 1/700 scale USS California BB-44 (1941)
- Trumpeter 1/700 scale USS California BB-44 (1945)
This set of three-gun turrets (more properly called "gunhouses") represents the enormous 14"/50 caliber main battery of battleships USS Tennessee BB-43 and USS California BB-44. They are nearly identical to the gunhouses of the preceding New Mexico class battleships, differing only in the shape of the armored rangefinder hoods.
These 3D-printed acrylic parts are designed to accurately represent features of the real turret based on official US Navy drawings. These turrets are not 3D-printed copies of any plastic or resin kit's parts and therefore may be shaped and sized differently than those parts. Some adjustment to your plastic kit's parts or other aftermarket parts such as photoetch or wood decks may be necessary for best fit.
- closed armored rangefinder viewport shutters
- rooftop screwheads acurately sized, numbered and located
- armored rangefinder hexhead bolt and screw details
- bases for rooftop periscopes
- accurately sized and shaped ventilation trunks for Turrets 1, 2 and 4. Turret 3, the aft superfiring turret, did not have vents
- trunnions allow the modeler to set the position of the barrels to any realistic elevation from +30 degrees to -5 degrees, just like the real turrets (barrels not included)
© Model Monkey LLC. This 3D-printed product may not be copied or recast.