Includes 1 mount (turret) with barrels.
The Mk.32 version of the 5"/38 cal. Twin-gun Mount was installed aboard aircraft carriers and cruisers as well as rebuilt pre-war battships. A Mk.28 mount for fast battleships and early Atlanta class light cruisers is available separately.
Among naval historians, the US Navy 5"/38 caliber gun is considered the best intermediate-caliber, dual purpose naval gun of World War II. Lighter than the earlier Mk.28 version designed for battleships (available separately), the "Mark 32" version of the twin mount was designed specifically for aircraft carriers and cruisers and other ships where weight was an important consideration such as rebuilt pre-war battleships and various auxiliaries. It has a noticeably different shape than the earlier Mk.28 Mount installed aboard fast battleships.
- accurate dimensions scaled from official US Navy blueprints and confirmed by photos and measurements taken from actual Twin Mounts
- detailed armored viewfinder and rangefinder hoods
- detailed mount captain blast hood
- separate trunnions and barrels to allow the modeler to choose any realistic elevation
- crew access hatches and maintenance hatches with hinge and bolt-head details
- bolt-heads in accurate locations
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.
Carried by the following ships and classes:
- USS Nevada BB-36 (reconstructed)
- USS Tennesee BB-43 (reconstructed)
- USS California BB-44 (reconstructed)
- USS Maryland BB-46 (reconstructed - very late-war)
- USS West Virginia BB-48 (reconstructed)
- USS Pennsylvania BB-38 (reconstructed)
- USS Saratoga CV-3, post-1942 refit
- Essex class
- Alaska class
- Atlanta class
- Baltimore class
- Cleveland class
- Wind class cutters
- various auxiliaries