Scale 1/96 (1/8 inch 1 foot)
Includes 1 turret with trunnion. No barrels.
This accurately shaped and highly detailed model represents the 8 inch-55 caliber triple-gun turret of the US Navy's Baltimore class and Oregon City class heavy cruisers as they appeared during the Vietnam War.
A turret in its World War Two-era configuration is available separately.
- designed according to official US Navy Bureau of Ordnance publication O.P. 1112 dated 15 January 1945
- accurate shape
- separate trunnion allows the modeler to set barrels to any realistic elevation from +41 degrees to -5 degrees just like the real turret (barrels not included)
- detailed left-side rangefinder and rooftop viewfinder hoods
- accurately sized, positioned and numbered rangefinder hood bolt-head details
- blast bag (also known as "buckler" or "bloomer") attachment rings
- turret roof viewfinder hood doors correctly offset to the left
- subtle turret-side recesses representing the plated-under openings of the former World War Two-era rangefinders
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.