Scale: 1/96 (1/8 inch = 1 foot)
Set includes 1 turrets with trunnion. No barrels.
A triple-gun 8"/55 cal. turret with detailing specific to sistership USS Portland CA-33, and another turret for other Northampton class heavy cruisers, is available separately.
- overall dimensions precisely scaled from US Navy O.P.1112 (2nd Rev.) "Gun Mount and Turret Catalog" drawings dated 15 January 1945
- accurately shaped armored rangefinder hoods
- detailed crew access doors with hinge detail
- hex-head exterior bolts properly positioned, sized and correctly placed according to photos of the actual turrets
- separate trunnion, slotted for your favorite brass barrels (not included) to allow you to position the guns to any realistic elevation from -5 degrees to +40 degress just like the real turret
- rain deflector and bolt-head detail specific to USS Indianapolis CA-35
The US Navy installed three of this type of 8"/55 caliber Triple-gun Turret on the following heavy cruisers of World War II fame:
- USS Northampton CA-26
- USS Chester CA-27
- USS Lousiville CA-28
- USS Chicago CA-29
- USS Houston CA-30
- USS Augusta CA-31
- USS Portland CA-33
- USS Indianapolis CA-35
This turret is not suitable for USS New Orleans CA-32 or USS Astoria CA-34 or the other members of the New Orleans class. They had a differently shaped triple-gun turret gunhouse.
© Model Monkey LLC. This 3D-printed product may not be copied or recast.