- Airfix 1/400 scale HMS King George V
- Heller 1/400 scale HMS King George V
- JSC 1/400 scale HMS King George V
Recommended to help convert your HMS King George V battleship kit to sistership HMS Duke of York as she appeared after her 1944 refit.
The handsome ships of the UK's World War II-era King George V class are among the last Royal Navy battleships. All had terrific service records. HMS Duke of York is best remembered for her part in the sinking of the German battleship Scharnhorst in December, 1943 off the northern coast of Norway. Like many warships, each ship of the class is slightly different in appearance.
This pair of models captures features unique to HMS Duke of York including the extended searchlight platform that provided a firing position for an additional 20mm Oerlikon anti-aircraft cannon.
- enlarged forward funnel platform
- ready service ammunition lockers on the forward funnel
- enlarged aft funnel searchlight platform
- integrated, open venturi (wind deflector)
- extensive rivet detail
- detailed underside trunking and supporting structures with lightening holes
The aft funnel does not include the funnel base. Please use your plastic kit's parts.
Depending on which model kit you have, some minor adjustment to the part may be needed for best fit.
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.