This model is only available from Shapeways. It cannot be printyed in gray resin. Click here to buy this model from Shapeways. For answers to printing and shipping questions about this model, please contact Shapeways' customer service.
This multi-part kit represents the modernized SCB-125 island of Essex class aircraft carrier USS Intrepid CVS-11 as it appeared about 1966-1967 during combat operations off Vietnam. Carrier Air Wing (CVW) 10, tailcode AK, was embarked aboard the ship during those years.
- accurately shaped structure scaled from official US Navy plans
- open bridge and PriFly windows with delicate framing
- decks properly offset to port
- properly positioned deck features
- wiper motor details on the navigating bridge
- deck supporting structure details accurately positioned as confirmed by photos of the real ship
- delicate exterior piping detail correct for Intrepid
- porthole rigols ("eyebrows")
- correct style A/T doors for Intrepid, most in the open position
- door overhead rain deflectors
- integrated Phasor 90 paired-cone antennas with additonal sets for placement elsewhere on the ship
- correct number and position of PriFly splinter shield ribs
- properly slanted and positioned antenna base outriggers
- open, intregrated venturi (wind deflectors)
- open funnel cap (grille not included), ready for your favorite photoetch set
- integrated Mk.37 Fire Control Directors
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.