Set includes 3 turrets with trunnions. No barrels.
- Iron Shipwrights 1/350 scale USS Pittsburgh CA-72
- Trumpeter 1/350 scale USS Baltimore CA-68 (1944)
- Trumpeter 1/350 scale USS Pittsburgh CA-72 (1944)
- Yankee Modelworks 1/350 USS Baltimore CA-68
This accurately shaped and highly detailed set represents the three 8 inch-55 caliber triple-gun turret main battery of the US Navy's Baltimore class heavy cruisers as they appeared during the Vietnam War.
A set of 3 turrets in their World War Two-era configuration is available separately.
- designed according to official US Navy Bureau of Ordnance publication O.P. 1112 dated 15 January 1945
- accurate shape
- separate trunnion allows the modeler to set barrels to any realistic elevation from +41 degrees to -5 degrees just like the real turret (barrels not included)
- subtle, raised number on the inside of each turret to identify which is which
- roof-top antenna pedestal on Turrets 2 and 3
- detailed left-side rangefinder and rooftop viewfinder hoods
- accurately sized, positioned and numbered rangefinder hood bolt-head details
- blast bag (also known as "buckler" or "bloomer") attachment rings
- turret roof viewfinder hood doors correctly offset to the left
- subtle turret-side recesses representing the plated-under openings of the former World War Two-era rangefinders
A set of enclosed bridges for USS St. Paul CA-73 as the ship appeared during the Vietnam War is available separately.
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.