Set includes 4 turrets (no barrels).
- Iron Shipwrights 1/350 scale USS Birmingham CL-62 (1944)
- Iron Shipwrights 1/350 scale USS Miami CL-89 (1944) ex-Gulfstream Models kit
- and others!
These four accurate and highly detailed model turrets represent the four 6"/47 cal. Triple Turrets mounted to the later ships of the US Navy’s Cleveland class of light cruisers. These turrets have the late-style integrated rangefinder hoods. The first two ships of the class, USS Cleveland CL-55 and USS Columbia CL-56, had bolt-on armored rangefinder hoods like the turrets of the preceding Brooklyn class, available separately.
- overall dimensions precisely scaled from scans of original builder's blueprints
- accurately shaped complex curvature
- open glacis gun ports
- armored rangefinder hexhead bolt and domed screw details
- base for rooftop periscope
- turret bottoms are numbered for easy identification
- Turrets 1 and 4, located on the main deck, have accurate crew access hatch and shell ejection ports on rear turret wall (superfiring Turrets 2 and 3 do not – crew access for Turrets 2 and 3 was made through the turret bottom overhang)
- Turret 4 does not have an integrated rangefinder
These scale model turrets are designed from scans of original builder’s blueprints of the real turret stored at the National Archives. They are not 3D-printed copies of any resin or plastic model kit’s parts and therefore are not the same shape or size.
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.