Set includes 5 mounts (turrets). Barrels are available separately.
- Blue Water Navy 1/350 scale USS The Sullivans DD-537
- Blue Water Navy 1/350 scale USS Kidd DD-661
- Iron Shipwrights 1/350 scale USS Jenkins DDE-447 (1950s)
- Iron Shipwrights 1/350 scale USS Renshaw DD-499
- Tamiya 1/350 scale USS Fletcher DD-445
- Trumpeter 1/350 scale USS The Sullivans DD-537
- Yankee Modelworks 1/350 scale USS Johnston DD-557
- and more!
These five models represent the US Navy's 5 inch, 38 caliber Mk.30 single-gun mounts (turrets) fit to Fletcher class destroyers.
Of the five 5-inch/38 Mk.30 single mounts , two of the mounts are "Double Knuckle" configuration. The other three mounts are "Single Knuckle" configuration.
The two "Double Knuckle" mounts were located on the main deck, one in the fore-most position and one in the aft-most position, known there as "Mount 51" and "Mount 55" respectively. Double knuckle mounts had a reinforced roof with two "bumps", called "knuckles", that resisted blast from weapons firing overhead.
The other three mounts are "Single Knuckle" mounts, positioned above deckhouses, one fore and two aft, and were known as "Mount 52", "Mount 53" and "Mount 54" respectively. Singe knuckle mounts did not have a reinforced roof.
- overall dimensions made from official US Navy drawings
- an asymmetrical gunhouse (turret)
- accurately offset gun opening
- slot for accurately offset barrel (barrels not included), set at the loading angle of + 5 degrees
- detailed turret bottom supporting structure
- rear vent
These 3D-printed mounts are designed to match the overall dimensions of features of the real mounts as recorded in official Navy drawings. They are not copies of any injection molded plastic or resin kits' parts and therefore may be differently shaped and sized. Some adjustment to your kit, or other aftermarket products such as photoetch, may be necessary for best fit.
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.