Set includes two accurately shaped and highly detailed Mk.38 directors and four Mk.13 radar antennas of two different types.
- Lifelike 1/350 scale USS Missouri BB-63 (1945)
- Hobby Boss 1/350 scale USS Alaska CB-1
- Otaki 1/350 scale USS Missouri BB-63 (1945)
- Revell 1/350 scale USS Missouri BB-63 (1945)
- Tamiya 1/350 scale USS Missouri BB-63 (1945)
- Very Fire 1/350 scale USS Missouri BB-63 (1945)
- and more!
This set represents the Mark 38 Main Battery Fire Control Director fit to last two Iowa class fast battleships, USS Missouri BB-63 and USS Wisconsin BB-64, as well as Alaska class large cruisers. Mk.38 directors were also intended to be installed aboard the planned-for but never built Montana class battleships.
This Mk.38 model's configuration represents the seven-sided "square back shield"-type as they appeared during World War Two.
Also available: original, 6-sided configuration Mk.38 directors
Please consult your references to know which type is correct for your model.
Mk.38 director features:
- accurately shaped viewfinder covers with hinge and hinge motor detail
- accurately shaped and located defroster covers with hinge detail
- accurately sized, numbered and located bolt-head details
- raised bases for handrails (handrails not included - use small diameter wire)
These 3D-printed models were designed from official US Navy drawings. They are scaled to match the dimensions of the real director. They are not 3D-printed copies of any plastic, wood, metal or resin kit's parts, therefore, they may be shaped and sized differently than the parts of your kit. Some adjustment to your plastic kit's parts or other aftermarket products such as photo-etch may be necessary for best fit.
Click here for cleaning and painting advice.
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.