Set includes 2 modernized Mk.38 directors and four Mk.13 radar antennas of two different types.
- Mini Hobby Models 1/350 scale USS New Jersey BB-62 (1982)
- Otaki 1/350 scale USS New Jersey BB-62 (1982)
- Revell 1/350 scale USS Iowa BB-61 (1990)
- Revell 1/350 scale USS New Jersey BB-62 (1982)
- Revell 1/350 scale USS New Jersey BB-62 (1982) Platinum Edition / Limited Edition
- Tamiya 1/350 scale USS Missouri BB-63 (1991) (Includes PE & Booklet)
- Tamiya 1/350 scale USS New Jersey BB-62 (1982)
This set represents the modernized configuratrion of the Mark 38 Main Battery Fire Control Director fit to Iowa class battleships. This Mk.38 model's configuration represents the seven-sided "square back shield"-type as they appeared in the 1990s.
- original, 6-sided shield configuration Mk.38 directors with Mk.13 radar antennas
- enlarged, 7-sided shield configuration Mk.38 directors with Mk.13 radar antennas
Please consult your references to know which type is correct for your model.
Mk.38 director features:
- open director captain hatch (slid forward)
- accurately shaped viewfinder covers with hinge and hinge motor detail
- accurately shaped and located defroster covers with hinge detail
- accurately sized, numbered and located bolt-head details
- accurate director arm end detailing, specific to modernized directors - this is the significant difference between these directors and the World War Two-era directors.
- raised bases for handrails (handrails not included - use small diameter wire)
Two types of Mk.13 antennas are provided: two are smooth and two have recessed features. Please consult your references to know if the Mk.13 antenna is appropriate for your model, and of which type, smooth or recessed.
These 3D-printed models were designed from official US Navy drawings. They are scaled to match the dimensions of the real director. They are not 3D-printed copies of any plastic or resin kit's parts, therefore, they may be shaped and sized differently than the parts of your kit. Some adjustment to your plastic kit's parts or other aftermarket products such as photo-etch may be necessary for best fit.
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.