Includes 1 fighting top, the "Main Top". The forward fighting top, the "Fore Top", had different rivet and reinforcing plate detail.
Recommended to help build backdated USS Nevada BB-36, USS Oklahoma BB-37, USS Pennsylvania BB-38 or USS Arizona BB-39 from:
- Banner 1/350 scale USS Arizona BB-39 (1941)
- Hobby Boss 1/350 scale USS Arizona BB-39 (1941)
- Iron Shipwrights 1/350 scale USS Nevada BB-36 (1941)
- Iron Shipwrights 1/350 scae USS Oklahoma BB-37 (1941)
- Mini Hobby Models 1/350 scale USS Arizona BB-39 (1941)
- Toms Modelworks 1/350 scale USS Arizona BB-39 (1941)
This model represents the aft fighting top, the "Main Top" of USS Arizona BB-39, USS Pennsylvania BB-38, USS Nevada BB-36 and USS Oklahoma BB-37 as the ships appeared from their 1929-1930 reconstruction through 1940. During this time, the Main Top did not have a "birdbath" machinegun tub on top.
- overall dimensions and features scaled from official US Navy drawings and drawings by the late Alan B. Chesley, with details modified to match high resolution photographs obtained from the National Archives of USS Pennyslvania at Mare Island taken shortly after the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor
- accurate shape
- accurately numbered, sized and located rivets of various sizes
- accurate exterior reinforcing plates and straps
- accurate rooftop access hatches with hinge detail
Four different fighting tops are available separately.
- Fore Top, 1931-early 1941, no radar platform
- Fore Top, 7 December 1941, with radar platform
- Main Top, 1931-1940, no "birdbath" tub
- Main Top, 7 December 1941, with "birdbath" tub support post
© Model Monkey LLC. This 3D-printed product may not be copied or recast.