Set includes 4 turrets (no barrels).
- Iron Shipwrights 1/350 scale USS Birmingham CL-62 (1944)
- Iron Shipwrights 1/350 scale USS Miami CL-89 (1944) ex-Gulfstream Models kit
- and others!
These four accurate and highly detailed model turrets represent the four 6"/47 cal. Triple Turrets mounted specifically to USS Cleveland CL-55 and USS Columbia CL-56. These two ships’ turrets had bolt-on armored rangefinder hoods like the turrets of the preceding Brooklyn class. Later Cleveland class ships had turrets with integrated rangefinder hoods, available separately.
- overall dimensions precisely scaled from scans of original builder's blueprints
- accurately shaped complex curvature
- open glacis gun ports
- armored rangefinder hexhead bolt and domed screw details
- turret bottoms are numbered for easy identification
- Turrets 1 and 4, located on the main deck, have accurate crew access hatch and shell ejection ports on rear turret wall (superfiring Turrets 2 and 3 do not – crew access to Turrets 2 and 3 was made through the turret bottom overhang)
- Turret 4 does not have an integrated rangefinder
These scale model turrets are designed from scans of original builder’s blueprints of the real turret stored at the National Archives. They are not 3D-printed copies of any resin or plastic model kit’s parts and therefore are not the same shape or size.
© Model Monkey LLC. This 3D-printed product may not be copied or recast.