Recommended to help convert your Trumpeter 1/350 scale USS Lexington CV-2 kit of USS Saratoga CV-3 kit to Saratoga's 1944 through 1945 appearance.
This model represents the bridge tower of celebrated aircraft carrier USS Saratoga CV-3 as she appeared from August, 1944 through the end of the war, including night operations and the Battle of Iwo Jima where she was struck by five kamikazes and survived.
The difference between this tower and the 1943 version is that this 1944-45 version has:
- no armored conning tower
- signal deck lengthened aft
- external starboard side cable trunk
- additional door and catwalk portside
- accurately dimensioned from US Navy Booklet of General Plans drawings
- detail locations confirmed by careful study of photographs of the actual ship
- signal deck extended aft for 1944-1945
- bulkhead and Mk. 37 Director stand details properly sized and located
- two venturis for 1944-45, one on the Flag Bridge and another on the Navigating Bridge
- exterior starboard side cable trunk for 1944-45
- open A/T doors, ready for your favorite photoetch, including an additional portside door and walkway for 1944-45
- portholes (airports) properly sized and located
- detailed interior barbette and associated bulkheads with open scuttles
- raised 2-1/2 meter rangefinder tub
© Model Monkey LLC. This 3D-printed product may not be copied or recast.