Set includes 3 turrets with integrated barrels and blast bags.
- Airfix 1/400 scale Scharnhorst -or- Gneisenau
- Heller 1/400 scale Scharnhorst
- Heller 1/400 scale Gneisenau
- JSC 1/400 scale German battleship Scharnhorst, tanker Ölschiff 4 (ex Adria)
- JSC 1/400 scale German battleship Gneisenau (2 full models in 4 versions)
This set of 3 turrets represents the proposed 38 cm (15") main battery of the World War Two-era Deutsche Kriegsmarine battleship Gneisenau, more properly known as the Drh L C/34 mount with SK C/34 guns. It had been proposed to rearm the battleships of the Scharnhorst class with the same twin-gun turrets carried by battleships Bismarck and Tirpitz. Following severe damage to Gneisenau's bow in a bombing attack, work began to rearm the ship as part of the rebuilding but this work was never completed. Had the work proceeded as planned, Gneisenau would have emerged from the rebuilding with three of these turrets.
For a detailed description of the actual weapons, see:
- overall dimensions scaled from Krupp factory drawings. The dimensions match drawings published in Anatomy of the Ship: The Battleship Bismarck by Jack Brower
- details confirmed by careful study of photographs of the real ships
- Turret "Anton", the forward-most turret on the ship, accurately has its rangefinder removed and the openings blanked. Turrets "Bruno" and "Caesar" have accurate armored rangefinders.
- accurately sized and positioned bolthead detail
- accurately shaped rangefinder and viewfinder shutters in closed positions
These model turrets were designed from official drawings of the real turrets. They are NOT a 3D-printed copy of any plastic or resin kit's parts therefore it may be sized and shaped differently than the parts in your plastic or resin kit. Some adjustment to your kit's parts or other aftermarket sets such as photo etch or wood decks may be needed for best fit.
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.