Because of its size, this model is only available from Shapeways. Click here to buy this model from Shapeways. For answer to printing and shipping questions about this model, please contact Shapeways' customer service.
Includes 1 turret with rangefinder hoods, integrated barrels and blast bags.
This model represents the middle pair of 15 cm L/55 (5.9"/55 caliber) twin-gun turrets of the World War Two-era Deutsche Kriegsmarine battleships Bismarck and Tirpitz. These turrets were also intended to be installed aboard the proposed H-klasse super-battleships and proposed M-klasse cruisers. The turret is properly known as the SK C/28.
This version has integrated rangefinder armored hoods. Turrets without the rangefinder are available separately.
- overall dimensions scaled from Krupp factory drawings. The scaled dimensions match drawings published in Anatomy of the Ship: The Battleship Bismarck by Jack Brower
- details confirmed by careful study of photographs of the real ships
- integrated blast bags ("bloomers")
- accurately sized and positioned bolthead detail
- accurately shaped rangefinder and viewfinder shutters in closed positions
These parts are not 3D-printed copies of any plastic, wood, metal or resin model kit's parts. They are original 3D designs based on factory drawings.
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.