Scale: 1/96 (1/8 inch = 1 foot)
Includes 1 mount (turret) with barrels.
A Mk.32 mount for aircraft carriers, rebuilt pre-war battleships and cruisers is available separately.
- Fleetscale 1/96 scale Iowa Class Battleship hull (designed by John R. Haynes)
- Loyalhanna Dockyard 1/96 scale Iowa Class Battleship hull
- Loyalhanna Dockyard 1/96 scale North Carolina Class Battleship hull
- Loyalhanna Dockyard 1/96 scale South Dakota Class Battleship hull
- Scale Shipyard 1/96 scale USS North Carolina BB-55 hull (also as USS Washington BB-56)
- Scale Shipyard 1/96 scale USS Massachusetts BB-59 hull (also as USS South Dakota, USS Alabama and USS Indiana)
- Scale Shipyard 1/96 scale USS Iowa BB-61 (also as USS New Jersey, USS Missouri, USS Wisconsin, USS Kentucky and USS Illinois)
Among naval historians, the US Navy 5"/38 caliber gun is considered the best intermediate-caliber, dual purpose naval gun of World War II. Unlike later lighter-weight marks intended for aircraft carriers, cruisers and destroyers, the 76-ton "Mark 28" version of the twin mount was designed specifically for battleships and was mounted on ships of the North Carolina class, South Dakota class, and Iowa class. This mark was likely the type fit to early Atlanta class cruisers.
- accurate dimensions scaled from official US Navy blueprints and confirmed by photos and measurements taken from actual Twin Mounts
- detailed armored viewfinder and rangefinder hoods
- detailed mount captain blast hood
- separate trunnions with integrated barrels to allow the modeler to choose any realistic elevation
- crew access hatches and maintenance hatches with hinge and bolt-head details
- bolt-heads in accurate locations
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.
- BB-55 USS North Carolina
- BB-56 USS Washington
- BB-57 USS South Dakota
- BB-58 USS Indiana
- BB-59 USS Massachusetts
- BB-60 USS Alabama
- BB-61 USS Iowa
- BB-62 USS New Jersey
- BB-63 USS Missouri
- BB-64 USS Wisconsin
- BB-65 USS Illinois (not completed)
- BB-66 USS Kentucky (not completed)