Scale: 1/96 (1/8 inch = 1 foot)
Includes 1 turret with barrels.
- Loyalhanna Dockyard 1/96 scale Arizona Class Battleship hull
- Scale Shipyard 1/96 USS Arizona BB-39 hull
This model represents a 14 inch/45 caliber Triple-gun Turret of Pennsylvania class battleship USS Arizona BB-39 as it appeared from 1929-1941.
This model turret was designed from Bureau of Ordnance drawing O.P. 1112 (2nd Revision) dated January 15, 1945 as well as drawings by Alan B. Chesley modified to match high-resolution photos of the actual turrets obtained from the National Archives.
- accurately dimensioned gunhouse and barrel length acording to US Navy O.P. 1112
- detailed rangefinder hoods with closed viewports
- detailed turret roof periscopes
- correct number and position of barbette apron gusset plates
- to-scale thickness of glacis
- properly shaped gun openings
- correctly shaped buckler (bloomer/blastbag) attachment collars on glacis
- barrels integrated with a trunnion printed separately as one unit to permit the modeler to select any realistic elevation from -5 degrees to +30 degrees, just like the real guns and sleeve
- trunnion accurately positioned within the gunhouse according to US Navy O.P. 1112 providing a correct center of rotation and distance to muzzle from the gunhouse
- barrels hollow all the way through
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.