Set includes 5 barrels for 5"/38 cal. mounts (turrets).
Recommended for the Lindberg 1/125 scale “Blue Devil Destroyer”, USS Melvin DD-680, Fletcher class.
Among naval historians, the US Navy 5"/38 caliber cannon is considered the best intermediate-caliber, dual purpose naval gun of World War II. This set of 5 parts represent the barrels and trunnion of this celebrated weapon.
These Model Monkey barrels are scaled representations of the real turrets. The Model Monkey barrels are composed of two features, the barrel itself and a drum-shaped object representing a protective shield fit to the gun. On these barrels, the shield acts as a trunnion. Since the Lindberg kit's turrets are inaccurate shaped and sized, the Model Monkey trunnions will not fit the Lindberg turrets as designed. The trunnion will fit Model Monkey turrets, which are accurately shaped and sized, available separately.
A set of barrels without trunnions is also available separately.
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.
Model Monkey 5"/38 cal. Single Mounts for Fletcher class destroyers:
- 5"/38 cal. "Double Knuckle" early heavyweight (set of 2) - for "round bridge" Fletcher class
- 5"/38 cal. "Single Knuckle" early lightweight (set of 3) - for "round bridge" Fletcher class
- 5"/38 cal. "Double Knuckle" late heavyweight (set of 2) - for "square-bridge" Fletcher class
- 5"/38 cal. "Single Knuckle" late lightweight (set of 3) - for "square bridge" Fletcher class
- Ring Stands for 5"/38 cal. Single Mounts (set of 5)